Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Rejoice at His birth

For day three of me being 'Card Captain' for the Michael Strong Yahoo group, I decided to make a Christmas card for a sweet blogging friend.


 The sentiment is from Create with TLC, and the flowers are from the Mini Shapes set from Michael Strong stamps. The (flowers) mini shapes have a die set that cuts the shapes.

 I cut out a template from the die and store it in the sleeve with the die set.  Once I stamp the image, I place the template over the image.  When, after a while I cannot find the correct fit, I realize I need to flip it over to the other side.... Guess I should write this side up on the template..... LOL


 This is what it looks like with the template on top.  I draw little circles in the holes, remove the template. Next, place the die over the flower with the holes lined up and viola- flowers cut out!

 I trimmed into the flower petals and curled them with my 'pokey' tool. I mounted them on a dimensional. The rhinestone centers are silver/clear colored with Copic YR24.

Michael Strong-Mini Shapes
Sentiment-Create with TLC
SU poinsettia EF
Gold Fire Opal EP (Embossing Arts)
Rhinestones- Recollections
Copic YR24
Memory Box Stitched Circle dies
SU Cherry Cobbler cardstock, white irridescent cardstock- found this at a resale shop : )

Challenges to follow

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

9 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

WOW - that is just stunning!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Lovely work Shelley, smiled at the turning over sequence.
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Shelly, this card is so rich-looking. Gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

Gorgeous card Shelly!! I love the gold embossed image which goes beautifully with that embossed background panel!! Love all of the pretty shimmer too! HUGS

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Love the embossing folder you used. Lovely card

Lisa said...

Oh wow, this is so gorgeous!! The poinsettias look amazing!! I love the embossing!! Beautiful card!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Hetty said...

Beautiful card, Shelly and I love Paulettes sentiments.
Here it looks so great with the card.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the gold embossing on your wonderful flowers!! So very pretty!

Kim P said...

This is gorgeous!!