Thursday, March 12, 2015

Sweet Stamps- Anything Goes

 When I first met Sweet Stamps, the thing that grabbed my attention was the Parchment stamping.  I saw Stacey doing parchment stamping and embossing, and I just HAD to buy the supplies and give it a go! (HERE is a Pintrest video link) I also love the elegant Parchment stamps in the store for card making too!

 I just love the elegance the parchment piercing adds to a card.
 And, around the outer border, I rubbed the stylus over the parchment on the metal piercing plate, and it leaves a dotted pattern on the vellum. The image is colored from behind with Copics.

 If you are not into Parchment, the images make lovely cards as well : )

 Here are the products I used from the SweetStamps.com store:
Pansy Layers Frame HERE
Embossing Ink HERE
White Embossing Powder HERE
Queens Gold EP HERE
Piercing Mat HERE and Embossing Pad HERE
Piercing Grid HERE
Parchment Vellum HERE
Stylus Tools HERE
Piercing Tool HERE
Anti Static pad HERE
Forget Me Not Spot HERE
Copic Sketch Markers HERE
Rhinestones HERE
God Bless sentiment-Simple Greetings HERE
Lavenders Coordinations Cardstock HERE

Challenges for my cards:
Creative Moments- Spring Greens
Mod Squad Challenge- Beautiful Blooms
Word Art Wednesday- AG
Color Throwdown- color challenge
Card Mania- Spring

SweetStamps challenge this week is Anything Goes- come join us HERE!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

30 comments:

Michele said...

this is so pretty! it looks like lace. beautiful. xo

kiwimeskreations said...

Shelly these are beautiful cards - love that parchment work!!
Blessings
Maxine

Denise said...

This is such a fantastic project!! I love all your detail and Parchment craft is such a fantastic craft! The card is absolutely fabulous!!!
xox

Pamellia said...

Wow, the parchment stamping is such a gorgeous look, love the touches of gold! So elegant and fancy! hugs :)

Donna K said...

Beyond elegant! I love the gold accents and beautiful flowers with this technique. I can see why you fell in love with this style of design, Shelly. Very lovely!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such delicate and exquisite work, Shelly! Absolutely gorgeous!

*Vicki* said...

WOW! Absolutely stunning and so very elegant looking!! Really amazing Shelly!! :)

NanaConnie said...

Elegant is the perfect description, Shelly! Can you believe I gave away all my parchment papers when I was packling to move because I didn't ever 'use' them. :-D Of course, that was before I got inspired by this post. Sigh, I feel a shopping spree coming on to replace those parchment papers. TFS

Unknown said...

The pansies are magnificent. Thank you so much for entering our AG family friendly challenge this week. Remember, you can enter up to five times. We enjoy seeing your creations.
BLESSINGS, Carole

Sherrie K. said...

Wow! This is GORGEOUS!!!! I may have to give that a try~Love the end results!!
Beautiful card!
Sherrie K

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful and elegant parchment creation! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown!

Sabina said...

Pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Creative Moments.

Sabina

Kim P said...

Wow...these cards are stunning! I have never seen parchment stamping before. I will have to try it!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

How beautiful the parchment paper is. You really do well with so many mediums. You rock!

Penny said...

Oh, I loved when I saw the parchment stamping, too! And you did a magnificent job on both of these, Shelly! They are absolutely gorgeous, especially in the colors you chose! :^)
Have a great weekend!
Hugs, Penny

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Shelli. Love the gold embossed image and the parchment style. So elegant and soft. Thank you for playing along with us at The Color Throwdown.

Anne Temple said...

Simply stunning! Every time I see one of your cards using this technique, it makes me want to try it too! Love how you showed the image both ways. Both of your cards are gorgeous.

Joyce Erb said...

Gorgeous cards. The piercing looks great. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

Rachelle Olaridge said...

What a gorgeous card Shelly. Love the elegant details and colors. Love it!
Huggies!

Zella said...

WOW Shelly - this is STUNNING!!!!!!!

Vickie Z said...

The parchment is gorgeous!! Going to have to check that out!! This for joining us at CTD!!

Jennipher said...

Hi Shelly! I just joined the Creative Card Makin Chicks group. I'm looking forward to visiting your blog and getting to know you as a crafter. This is a unique card. It is very elegant indeed.

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Shelly!!!! Your parchment stamping looks fantastic...WOW!!! It's sooo elegant and beautiful..it looks like lace!!! Love your take on the colors, too!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!!

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!

Shirley said...

Shelly, this is gorgeous!!! in every way! I love the colors, how you painted the vellum. What a keepsake!

Kristie W. said...

Wow!! Both cards are absolutely gorgeous. Nice to see the images used two ways as well.

Unknown said...

Wow. Absolutely stunning.

Leanne said...

WOW! A very elegant & beautiful card.

Lisa said...

Oh wow, both of our cards are absolutely stunning!! I love the look of the parchment!! Elegant and gorgeous!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Unknown said...

This is so pretty!!! I wish I had more time to devote to parchment craft!