Friday, January 10, 2014

Oriental Swap at MFP

 I decided to join in a card swap over at MFP- not only do you get to exchange ideas with other card makers, but MFP rewards you with stamps : )

 My background is Washi Paper- a gift from Paige-it has Metallic Gold in it which the picture does not pick up. I used the subtle green color from the Washi for the background and for my MS punched border. I added some metallic Gold cardstock by Paper Temptress for accents. The butterfly is stamped, colored with Copics and I added Creative Inspirations Fairy Dust paint to add some shimmer.

 Here are the cards I received back- taken with my Iphone- so the best they can be:

Floral card- in my favorite two colors- by An'Jenic Gibson

Tiger by Jane Chambers- taken at a side angle so you can see the gold swirl accents and the green jewels

 And finally, a beautiful Z-fold card by Vickie Y. I love the chipboard fan- oh- I took a picture from above showing the card design and the inside as well:
 I am liking this card design- may have to make one of these myself.......

 Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day : )
 Shelly

13 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your card Shelly - the design and the colours are gorgeous.
Those your received are really pretty too and show a diversity of talent.
Blessings
Maxine

trisha too said...

Your make is SO pretty, Shelly-- what gorgeous papers--and the swaps are super fun, what a great trade!

:)

jimlynn said...

You received some beauties and I LOVE yours! Gorgeous butterfly image. So lovely!
Lynn

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card Shelly. Your Washi paper is pretty. Oh, CI paint. I really should pull mine out. Like you, I like the z fold design. I'll be watching for yours ;)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card, Shelly! Love the pop of colors and I can imagine the gold running through the butterfly. I bet it sparkles. I also love the design of the z fold card. That's fun too. Hope your year is off to a great start!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Beautiful card! You are such a talented crafter!

Anne Temple said...

These are all so pretty. Love the colors in yours - so cheerful.

*Vicki* said...

Beautiful butterfly card!! Love you background!! Looks like a fabulous swap too! :) TFS!

Penny said...

Oooh, gorgeous butterfly, Shelly! Love it! Love the pretty papers you chose for a bg and the cool punched piece! Great design! And you got some very pretty pieces in return! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Terry said...

Shelly, that butterfly is gorgeous! What a lovely card and background! Fabulous swap received as well! Happy Sunday!

Margaret said...

What fun. I used to love to do swaps, but not enough time for them now. I just love the card you created. Your butterfly really pops off the card. Lovely cards in return.

:: BlueInks :: said...

Wow! These are some great projects.

MiamiKel said...

OH Shell, how did I miss these lovelies - how perfect, esp for your trip! You do amazing Asian art, you just have such a wonderful touch! Love these!!