Sunday, January 27, 2013

RSC January Happy Birthday!

 I am in a group on Rubberstamp Chat that sends Birthday ATC's to each other- cards are optional. I opted to send a card too:
 I challenged myself to color the images in regular (SU) markers- no Copics this time....  Image is 1990's Embossing Arts- one of my first stamps and well loved in the day....... : )  I used Coordinations cardstock that was then sanded.......  The other self challenge was to use a tag on my card.  I added glimmer with Sakura Stardust Gelly Roll pen.


 The ATC is on a TJ technique from a really long time ago- a UFO......  I stamped the image on the background in Stazon, then on white cardstock, and cut out the larger portions of the image. The sentiment is from a $1.00 clear stamp. I added lots of rhinestones and shimmer.I used just a portion of the sentiment from the $1.00 set. I have tons of the $1.00 sets that I never use..... Do you collect them too???

Challenges:

Alphabet Challenge- Y is for Yummy -ATC
Bloggers Challenge- Birthday
Oldie But A Goodie- Glitz and Glam- Stardust gelli pen and rhinestones; images some of the first I purchased way back when.......
Shopping our Stash- Use your oldest ribbon : )  Purple organdy is from SU from way back when......

Thanks for stopping by!
Shelly

17 comments:

jimlynn said...

Both the card and the ATC are great! Fun and so pretty. Like your coloring with the markers too.
Lynn

Penny said...

Love the card, Shelly! Such pretty paper, design & image! And your ATC is just darling--love that cupcake and the pretty background paper! :^)
Hugs, Penny

CarlaKH said...

ohhh great birthday projects! I love the colors and the balloons!

Misty's said...

These ATC's are beautiful,Shelly. Love that you visited your last century loved items too. I bet it brought lots of memories using it.
Michaela xx

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous ATCs Shelly!! Love the purple colors and embossed background! HUGS

Terry said...

Not easy to color with SU markers and I don't really have copics. The coloring is gorgeous as always, GF! I think you could have gorgeous results with regular old crayons! Have a great evening!

Marilyn said...

Great card & ATC Shelly! I love those balloons... so festive.

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Great fun, love the challenge you created for yourself, I need to do that too.

Anne Temple said...

Both projects look great. It would be hard for me to not use my copics when coloring, but these look great.

MiamiKel said...

Fantastic, Shelly! You are truly the ATC queen! I love your creative flair and just am in awe of how you color/craft these beauties!

xoxo

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Such cute birthday cards!

Margaret said...

Fabulous projects and I love the images and colors you used!

NanaConnie said...

I love those balloons, Shelly! I'm just sorry they're from a stamp that old. That means it's probably long retired and completely unavailable. Fabulous card, and I love the ATC, too!

Glimpses of My Heart said...

Great card! Love the embossing! Thanks for digging into you SU stash to play along at Shopping Our Stash this week!
Blessings,
Michelle

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Adorable cards! The embossing makes your card really pop!

Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog.
Roxx.T

Unknown said...

A great card and a fab ATC! I love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx

paige said...

ATCs are so much fun to make and yours is wonderful! Love the background on the card!